Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July

We started the day off with a photoshoot of Destry in his patriotic outfit. We had another stars and striped shirt to wear in case this got dirty but he was super good all day and didn't poop on his clothes! Awwww, what a cutie. I measure the day success rate in direct relation to how many outfits were pooped on.

serious Destry


such a good little model for mommy!


We had a delicious lunch at my dad's house--they're garden is starting to pop with produce and we had the most AMAZING potatoes ever from their garden. They were creamy and such a nice flavor...man. I need some more. I'm totally going to grow potatoes in my garden of the future just so that I can dig them up when they're ripe. It was like a treasure hunt, it was soo fun!! But this whole basket was what we picked out of the garden for our salad and steaks and potatoes lunch. mmmmmm


We topped the day off at a park with our buddies Clint and Jess watching the Stadium of Fire's somewhat disapointing display of firewords. Didn't even know we had the finale until they stopped shooting off and cars started pouring out of the stadium. laaaaaaaame. But Destry still really liked watching the explosions and didn't mind the noise at all. And this was after he woke up from falling asleep for the night. So I'd say he was pretty entertained. I was just glad we had pictures of him awake for this "first". Usually he's snoozing through everything!

Kolt really had fun with Clint lighting fireworks at the park. We had a few little kids watching us too, they were cute and asked if they could do sparklers. So we let them and they were super happy.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Fun! Look how cute your baby is! Our fireworks show lasted FOREVER and had 4-5 "grand finales" before the actual grand finale. Apparently you guys are into saving money more than Albuquerque!

laura d said...

I think its because they had the Jonas Brother's come as their headliner. Prob cost them a pretty penny and it ate into the fireworks budget.