Sunday, July 26, 2009

Destry's first trip to the zoo

On our way to the zoo, He's pretty much the coolest kid on the block. And you can totally see our reflections in the glasses.

Some of the crew outside the zoo.

This was Destry half-way through the zoo. He made it to the elephants and promptly crashed.

Kolt's brother Clay measuring up to a gorilla. Pretty close....

Jessi measuring up to the female gorilla

Jessi again in the arms of her gorilla lover.

the highlight of the trip: me getting to play with the monkey. He had pulled this big stick a little way through the fence and was trying to eat it. So I grabbed the other end and started messing with him. He figured out that he could sit on the stick while I pushed it up and down and WALAH! a monkey teeter-totter. It was pretty much the coolest thing I've ever got to do. And the zoo-keeper lady across the street wasn't too happy but she never came over. we were just having too much fun.

This was my little monkey friend close up.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

How fun! You son is so stylish! And I liked your monkey story too.

Stephanie said...

Hey!! I think that was one of the outfits I gave you (the orange and blue striped one) It just made me happy to see how cute he looks in it - of course anything would be cute on him! :)