Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Bread Puddin'

K, so I've never been able to partake of this old-time treat and I think it's mostly because it always has yucky raisins or weird dried fruit in it. It kinda carries the same infamy as rice pudding. yeeaaahh. Anywhoo, I had an epiphany today. It went like this:

Said to myself, "Man, I have a half dozen rolls sitting nice and stale on my counter. That kinda bums me out."

A little breeze blew though my window carrying the words, "bread pudding....bread pudding..." (who am I kidding, it was like 100 degrees outside. My window was not open. Maybe it was my A/C that spoke to me.)

Nonetheless! (I love that word. Its just so dang long and its kinda fun to combine three words into one.) I though to myself, "Bread Pudding?? Doesn't that contain yucky raisins or weird dried fruit?" Then I realized that I was the captain of this boat. I'm a rebel. I do what I want, dang it! So I pulled out my trusty Better Homes and Gardens cook book and whipped up a lovely raisin/weird dried fruit-free batch of good ol' bread puddin'. And can I say, I'm a fan.

I also made a sweet caramel sauce to accompany my pudding and man, oh man. Yu-hum!

Now, aren't you glad you read this? I'm freeing the world from the chains that bound raisins/weird dried fruit to bread pudding. I'm a revolutionist!! Be Free and make some bread pudding today!!

No comments: