Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I'em Frensh!

Ok so maybe not but I did try my hand at making croissants from scratch today. Oui, Oui!! Aaaaand they turned out pretty good, I know what I did wrong so in the future they'll be better. But they are quite tastey and when you're home all day anyway, the labor is not so bad. Just stretches through the whole day. seriously. I started this morning at 8 making the dough (I actually prepared the butter last night) and now its 4:35 and they are out of the oven. Whew. My house is kinda warm too. ugh. Nevertheless! Checked that off my list of things I want to try to make someday.
And for all you who would like to know what recipe I used, go to Epicurious.com's recipe for croissants and you too can enjoy hours of bakery fun. And for some reason they have a separate recipe for the actual baking of the croissants so go here for that. I guess if you use the dough for something other than the traditional moon-shape you'd have to do something else.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Yummy!! Those look impressive. Nice work.