Monday, December 13, 2010

Just some thoughts

As I wait for my laundry to finish so I can go to bed, I figured I could write a quick something down. Maybe post some random pics...

Something I learned this week: When they say, "never punish your child by making their bed a time-out," they're right. I knew this. I've known this. Why did I do it anyway? Because I'm dumb. So it caught up to me this past week when Des decided that he would have NOTHING to do with mom putting him down for bedtime. He would scream. He would cry. He would try to climb out, run away, ask for milp (that would be how he says milk), ask for bread, and cry some more. For an hour. So then Dad shows up on the scene and in two minutes flat Des is out cold. Snoring peacefully.

Then one night Des started saying, "Niiiice. Niicce, "  which is what he says after he's ready to come out of time-out and be nice. And I said, "Des, you're not in trouble, we're just trying to..." Aw crap. Dumb mom. The light-bulb came on. So we've changed the time-out venue to a couch downstairs (which doesn't get used very often because he really is a nice little dude) and in THREE days he's already back to going right to bed for me. Gotta love that.

In other randomness, here's a picture of Des last year in January!

his hair is now a tiny bit lighter (plus it was wet in the pic) and he's looking less baby but still pretty much the same! Chubby, chubby, chubby. And he still sucks on everything...but that mostly has to do with the remaining four teeth he's trying to cut. Then he's DONE! for a while...

and a final little tid-bit: I sent some ties to Nie Nie in hopes she posts about them on her blog. She did another ladies bow-ties today so I'm feeling like maybe I won't make it. But you should keep watching just in case!! Besides, mine were all Christmas-y and the ones today totally were not.

2 comments:

Todd said...

Looks like baby windsor made the cut - I saw them on Nie Nie (on a dog, but take what you can get).

Julie said...

I love those "ah ha" Mommy moments. I've had several. Then I feel like a complete idiot afterwards :) Comes with the territory I suppose.