Wednesday, December 8, 2010

If only I spoke German

I came across a lovely blog today called Domestic Candy and I'm in love! Their house/sense of style is pretty much where I want to be these days. Too bad it's all in German. But the pictures! This is my favorite post about their little boy's room (I think, at least!) And when he grew up a bit, they gave him a bunk bed with, ready for this, A SLIDE. Here's the post with the evidence. Someday Des will too have a bed with a slide. But the overall natural light, and sort of mismatch-y feel of it all and sort of simplicity just makes me so happy. Ultimately I'd probably add some sort of color to the walls--like a light blue-gray or other nice neutral--but take a look around. Its worth it. (and its suuuper light reading!!)  haha  :D

Oh and I guess she has a store.But I bet she doesn't deliver to us here in the good ol' US of A. And its also in German. But she has some pretty cute designs!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

This is hilarous Laura! I just found a blog post TODAY with a boys room where the bed had a slide. I bookmarked it and was going to show Todd and tell him to find a way to make it for Ethan! I guess great minds think a like! It was on "I am Mama-Hear me Roar" in case you want to peak at it. :)

Carrie said...

I want a bed with a slide!

Btw.. dija know we are going to cali in march? then it would be like we have a beach and you could see us! I'm trying to convince mom and dad to come too... We should just invite Rachel and Todd and brian and make it a family vacay! Disneyland. second week of march. 3 days. be there. :)

Carrie said...

ok so my computer can't speak german because it goes so so so slow every time I click over there! funny.

BUT also... That's the bunkbed we have! It's short so the kids won't die when they fall off... Yay Ikea! Now I just need to think of a slide thing!