Friday, September 24, 2010

Peaches and more peaches

I canned some peaches the other day. Thank heavens my grandma and aunt came over in the morning to help with the sliced ones. It only took us a few hours to do four batches which was way better than what I was expecting to do on my own. Then I finished the rest later that night with help from my dad. We made peach freezer jam and it is sooo good! I even dream about it at night (although that particular dream ended with the toast dropped on the floor and the jam went everywhere. Then I woke up and almost did the heave-ho right over the side of my bed--luckily only one of a few instances of feeling yucky so far).  Anyway! Peaches: DONE.

Side note: if anyone wants some spaghetti squash or tomatoes we have a ton. My dad went a little nuts planting the garden this year. Just come and pick 'em. :D

3 comments:

Carrie said...

whoa. nice work.

Anonymous said...

And, we have pumpkins for the kids. Look around the barn for the pumpkins.

Rachel said...

Oh oh, I was craving peach freezer jam just yesterday! YUM! We did strawberry and raspberry jams this year but I'll totally have to do peach next. I'm impressed too! We only did two batches!