Wednesday, September 15, 2010

neat treasures

My grandparents cleaned out some nick-nacks they had taking up space in their storage and let us take some home. I got there third (after my aunt and cousin both picked through the loot) and luckily they didn't really want much: just a few pictures and s&p shakers.  I filled up my trunk (which is really unlike me since I try to only take stuff I have a place and purpose for) but I figured this was pretty much the only time I'd get to have some of the memories from my grandparents.

I took home some books, some china from Japan (when my gpa served in the Navy), dishes from my great-grandma and an old black chest--just to name a few of my finds.

My favorite items were these:
I hung them up in Des' room and *hopefully* will be getting another photo of the ship my great-grandpa served on: the USS PUEBLO. My grandpa found it the day before but then it disappeared. I brought home a picture of all his crew and their wives but thats not going on the wall. Maybe for a Halloween post I'll scan the picture and show you why. A little freaky...

My other favorite find (and Des' too!) was these cuties:
S&P shakers from my great grandma Jean. Des carried them all around the house when we were at my grandparents going through stuff. Cute huh? My grandma kept trying to put them back in the up-for-grabs pile and I had to keep stealing them away again.

Fun stuff, fun memories. Thanks grandma!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Those are really cool finds. Glad you went through the stuff.