Thursday, April 1, 2010

The next page in Des' quiet book

It's kind of simple but way fun still. The flowers are removable and have pipe cleaners in the stems so they're bendy. We took this to church last Sunday and the little girls behind us LOVED the flowers so we shared.

Sewing the "vase" was tricky but after unpicking the sides a few times I employed my walking foot on my sewing machine and the problem was solved. The fabric was too slippery for the normal foot. I did the top of the vase a little bigger so it hangs out a bit for easy flower-sticking/access.

2 comments:

Fullmer Fam said...

do you remember me? it is Katie...we worked together and you were sweet to pick me up for work when i lived in orem...I LOVE YOUR QUIET BOOK...so cute!

Colette said...

Love this page! Wish I had a walking foot!