Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Des!

I can't believe my baby is ONE YEAR OLD today! This time last year I was starting to push! Aack! But as we got up this morning and he started doing his little des stuff I smiled. Even at 7 am he's pretty stinking cute.

He's chattering all the time now, although refuses to say anything more than "dada" and "alldone" even when he's said "mama" and "doggie" more than once.

He laughs at things all the time, thinks his mommy is pretty stinking hilarious when she pretends to sneeze...

He's got two teeth on the bottom and two more coming in the top.

His hair is reaching baby-mullet lengths and his dad keeps telling me to cut it. :( But I think the red will stay (at least for a little while) so a hair cut would be cute...

He's walking all over the place now, my dad calls him Frankenstein, I call him my little monkey. But that's how we walks--stiff like frank and his arms up in the air like a crazy monkey.

His favorite book is "Blue Hat Green Hat" and he even points to the different animals as we read.

We're working on ditching the bottles...mostly because they're so stinking convenient I'm having a hard time. Des mostly could care less although he does like a good bottle in the morning and before bed. We're on our last can of formula, when that goes so do the bottles!

Des loves going outside, even yesterday when he was at my grandma's he kept walking over to the door and asking to go out.

So I guess that's it for what my muffin is doing these days. His Dr's appointment on Monday will tell us how huge he's grown (weight, not height) so that should be fun.

No comments: