Tuesday, October 20, 2009

a new car seat

If you didn't know, Des is pretty big. If you've ever held him, you'd know that but some of you out there haven't had the chance. Sorry. Its life altering.

Des' current car seat is the one in which we brought him home from the hospital. It's nice, race car red, and still in great condition (we bought it because it would last through more than one kid). It, however, only holds up to 22 lbs. After that, your behemoth of a baby will become a human projectile and swiftly decapitate you on it's way out your windshield in the event of a collision. Or so I'm told.

I might have made that last part up.

The moral of the story is, Des is swiftly rounding out the teens and building muscle mass through the early twenties (poundage-wise). He's not quite to 22 lbs yet, but getting close so we bought him a new car seat. We pulled it out of the box to test it out, see how it fits. Its huge. And pretty awesome. And poor little des can only bob his head and wave his little arms a bit because he just fits in there snug, its pretty cute.


And because these pictures were pretty cute too, I thought I'd throw them in the mix. We went to Fillmore, UT this past weekend to visit the family and take part in a craft fair with Baby Windsor. Kolt's aunt LuRey and cousin Taffee made the drive from Green River to play for the day and it was super fun! The babies loved playing on the four-wheelers in Grandpa Rob's shop.


and I just realized that I forgot to take a picture of Natalie and her motorcycle. She was loving the fact that it was just her size, had training wheels, and a box really close to it so she could get on and off herself. She was having a blast too!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rachel said...

The smiley carseat picture is priceless! It's amazing how fast they grow hu?!

Carrie said...

Awww he's cute. And a behemouth. :)

Micah Goode said...

I cant believe he is big enough for a car seat like that!!
I love the little 4 wheeler pictures!!