Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Domestic Awesomeness

Yesterday was a mix of two-year-oldness and domestic awesomeness. It started with a slighty grumpy des and ended with a beautiful night outside, playing in the sandbox and just thoroughly enjoying the moment. (there was a 4-hour nap in the middle there that fixed the grumpy des--thaaaaaaaaaank heavens!) Oh and a Strawberry Rhubarb pie also entered in to the picture, thanks to my mom.

As I sat and watched my hubby dig and dump with an elated two-year old I pondered how wonderful it all was. That I get to be apart of this family. That my husband is willing to play sandbox and let the toddler dump and destroy anything he tried to build or show him. And even smiled about it. How nice some nights in July can be to an almost 8 month pregnant lady (is it getting hot in here?!) How funny goats can be when they're missing a rung on their little climbing-lean-too...you know. the important stuff. But it was nice to get the other end of the spectrum. Lately, Des has been "the terrorist". Seriously. We can't negotiate with terrorists. And its been just that. I've been tired. Life's been moving and I've found it hard to keep up.

But last night. Last night. I sat on my lawn and just soaked in the domestic awesomeness.


nature july (1 of 14)
photo (and hand) provided by Kolt

4 comments:

Carrie said...

That picture is AWESome!! Though i kinda wish it was on a more graceful hand. ;) You should bump up the exposure and black and white it. Gorg.

laura d said...

ha! nice way to put that. but true. next time we'll try to persuade mr dragonfly to land on a lady hand. or a cute baby hand but that could prove deadly...

Micah Goode said...

Des "the terrorist" ...I love it...
dragonfly picture = amazing!

Korry.Taffee.Jaci.Milo said...

HAHAHAHA. You make me giggle. and I LOVE kolts photo. I wanna see you guy soon. It seems like FOREVER again. already:D