Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Des went out Trick-or-Treating this year for the first time. We decided he'd make a pretty cute lumberjack so I made him a shirt and a hat and bought him a little toy ax. (the hat looks waaay cuter with the ear flaps down but he wasn't having it so we had to stick them up. I'll try and see if I can have a happier/sunnier photo shoot this week.)

This is how the night started:
grumpy, grumpy, grumpy...
But once we hit a few houses and he figured out that they were ALL GIVING HIM CANDY, well, this was going to be aaaaalll-riiight.

Des and daddy (it was raining so Kolt had his hoodie on.)
"Heee's a lumberjack and he's OK! He sleeps aaaall night 'cus he works aaall day!" (name that sketch)
Des yelling at some kids who were in front of us, "NO!"  Not sure why he was having issues with them...maybe  he thought they'd steal all the candy?
for some reason he always grabbed the snickers bars--but that's just more for us! Wahoo!
oh man, POPCORN!! (not like he's ever had popcorn before, but he wouldn't give it up for anything.
 By the end of the night he was saying, "Trick-Treat" at the doors and telling them thank you, running to the next house and knocking before his cousins could catch up, and thoroughly enjoying all the dogs in the neighborhood. I'd say Halloween was a smashing success. And yes, he even had a sugar-high when we got home and seriously was running and falling and laughing and screaming until past his bedtime. Too much sugar for this little guy.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Cutest little lumberjack ever. :)

Korry.Taffee.Jaci.Milo said...

I LOVE his outfit! Its PERFECT.. he is the CUTEST little Lumberjack!

Rachel said...

Indeed, a great day! We're so glad you joined us. It was so fun, and he was by far the cutest lumberjack I've ever seen!

Julie said...

Aw he looks so cute (or should I say very manly). I bet the people loved it that he would say thank you. We always gave extra candy to the polite kids.

Brandon & Jillyn Larsen said...

he looks so cute! love his marker beard! so funny that he starts yelling at the other kids!