Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Our Memorial Day

We decided to spend the day with Kolt's family and we had a blast! It was pretty low-key but Des had a ton of fun playing outside, meeting the kittens, riding a 4-wheeler and a Hot Wheels truck, and pretty much anything an almost 14-month old could do.

At first we planted some flowers....
So Des wanted to help and gma Renee got him a spoon and a cup to dig with (it may have included a worm too!)
And then we broke out the Hot Wheels! Des was in love.

The only bad thing was it didn't have a battery yet. So we all had to take turns pushing him around the yard.
But he loved it! And you can see his FOUR teeth in this one too! (I suspect more are comin' in...yikes!)
He played a ton with grandpa Rob...
met the kittens...

Even Kobe had fun messing with the Cats. Until one kicked his butt. Then he avoided them the rest of the day (mostly)
And then the big toy came out. Daddy even showed him how to push the throttle and Des loved to make it go! This kid loves riding stuff that goes. Oh man, its in his blood!

p.s. and he made that exact face the entire time he was riding but didn't want to get off. He was soaking it all in, I guess. No time to smile!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Looks like you guys had a fun day. We missed you in AF. Destry looks so dang cute in that hat!

Stephanie said...

Oh my how I love you and little baby D. I look at your blog EVERY time you update it. And I'm always showing Matt and my mom how cute Des is. :)xo