Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

How was your Mother's Day? I've read several blogs this morning where fabulous women spent the day at the beach, flying kites, waking up to delicious breakfasts, and other amazing fairytale-like things and it's left me thinking: well, that's all fine and dandy but did their dog pee on their 1 year old? Did it?? Because that's a story for the record books. No one wants to hear about walks on the beach and mountains of hot waffles magically being produced without an ounce of effort. Nope. Just a story about a 13 month old walking up to his mommy, (both) legs soaked in an unknown liquid and one veeeerrrry suspicious wet trail leading to an even more suspicious looking dog. To me, that's the real meaning of Mother's Day.

Oh, and does anyone want a dog?

5 comments:

Amina said...

Laura,

I was just passing by and stumbled on your blog. This post was too funny (I know I shouldn't laugh) not to comment.

Seriously, you guys have the hardest job out there.

In my religion, Islam, we have been told that Paradise lies underneath your (mother's) feet. :D

Jenna said...

That is awesome. Poor Des. I'm sure he took it like a man though.

Anonymous said...

You could have mentioned the awesome meal your dad fixed for you! 8-)

laura d said...

it was a nice dinner, dad! It made my whole mother's day much, much brighter. thank you!

laura d said...

oh and not to bag on what Kolt did the day before...he took me out to dinner and gave me some money to go buy stuff! It was a really nice day-before-mother's-day day! :D