Saturday, August 8, 2009

New art by me


The painting bug has bitten again. Not sure where it went for the last almost year but I've been hankerin' to do some art. So here's the latest and I really liked how it turned out. I've discovered a new secret: paint the background first. That way, when I screw it up (which I do 90% of the time) I won't have to waste time painting the harder stuff. This one kind of strikes me as something for a book--illustration-esk. I sure as heck didn't plan it that way but I've found that most of my good pieces are products of an unplanned nature. Guess I'm more spontaneous. Or you could say that most of my art is a mistake. A good mistake...
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Korry.Taffee.Jaci.Milo said...

I really like it.. maybe you shoudl put some art in the booth at melon days:)

Rachel said...

Just beautiful! You do have talent, thanks for sharing it!

Burlene said...

Wow...gardening, painting, businesswoman, mother, wife....what CAN'T you do?

Stephanie said...

You are amazing my friend!!! Let's get together!!

Josh and Micah said...

You are a woman of many talents!! That is a beautiful painting!