Monday, March 2, 2009

Giant pillow of Awesomeness....

there is no charge for awesomeness....

I had some left-over fabric from the crib bedding and I decided to make pillows. Well, so far only one pillow...but there is still fabric left!! So more to follow. Anyway, I discovered that making bias-tape out of stretchy fabric is pretty stinking hard to do and have it come out right. (not pictured: how my pillow sides ended up being almost two inches off from matching up at the corners....o well). But somehow I was able to jimmy-rig the dang corners and it ended up looking pretty snazzy. It would've worked better had I pinned the pieces together but who would want to do that? It takes all the thrill out of sewing improv-style. Yup, so there you have it. Yet another matchy-matchy thing to go in my nursery. oh man this kid is going to be sleeping in style!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Haha, you sew just like me. Our poor mothers. ;) But it looks fantastic!!! Still excited to see it in person someday.

Carrie said...

I really really really like that fabric on that pillow. Somehow, seeing on the crib stuff I couldn't translate it to pillows and such, but if they make that in charcoal I am TOTALLY buying some. You have gooooood taste.