Friday, December 5, 2008

My Little Herb Garden

Oregano, Chives, Thyme, and Basil before I gave them all a haircut.

As fall turned colder, I brought in most of my herbs from my garden to try my hand at some indoor gardening (the mints didn't pass the cut). It turned out to be easier than outside. No joke. I thought my plants were going to croak with the move indoors since all summer they only grew a little bit (besides the basil which went crazy). Instead, they all are flourishing and are as happy as can be! It's amazing. Seriously. I had to trim them yesterday just because they are all doing so well that they'll grow out of their containers before I can re-plant them back outside. So for all you who fear winter-gardening indoors, don't.

Maybe I just have the touch--hahaha, yeah right, I should include a picture of my Azalea plant that is on the brink of crossing over to the next life. After it's very stylish terracotta pot started molding on my counter, it was moved outside and mostly forgotten. (these plants need to have their soil moist at all times so I should've thought through my pot purchase before hand but no.) There are a few happy leaves left so I transplanted it into a larger facility and I'm keeping a close eye on it. Mostly, its just enjoying the ambiance of the happier plants that surround it. I'm hoping they all coax it back to life, along with it's new plastic (and therefore anti-molding) pot.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

You must have a magic touch bc my indoor herbs die almost immediately.