Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Nursery is born

the green was on two walls, this being one of them so it's not super over-powering.

don't mind all the stuff piled in there...

I got the paint on the walls yesterday! I absolutely love the green--its a nice change from the minty-pale yuckiness it was before. Go big or go home....eh? :) No, it wasn't so bad before but its waaaay cooler now!! The green is called "Emerald Isle" or something like that....and the white is, well, just an off-white. My new favorite thing is No-VOC paint (for all those who aren't glued to HGTV that stands for No-Volatile Organic Compounds) so it doesn't smell and its not toxic to the person painting the walls. Baby D appreciated it, I'm sure. It was great and my house didn't reek with that paint smell you usually get. The guy at the paint store said that the only down-side is that the coverage is a bit less but it didn't seem like a huge difference to me. It was even cheaper than the paint we usually get too, but I think it was just because the brand was cheaper. But it's awesome. And I love it. And Kolt is being persuaded to love it too! :) (I may have chosen the green with very little input from him...)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Ooooooo I like it! I am sitting here picturing what it would look like on my walls....

I'm sure your baby will love it too!

Stephanie said...

Yay! It looks wonderfully amazing! :) Miss you already at work!