Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Litt'l Beauties

the final product


Just home from the nursery

Todays project: beautify the dead patch between my doorstep and the next-door-neighbors. It seems that along with several other "oversights" the builders of Country woods did not install a sprinkler to water the patch of dirt between my walk and the neighbors. So, the only thing that continues to grow is an ugly fister bush (which will someday magically disappear during the night--oh ya, it's days are numbered!!) and a whole bunch of bark. So I decided to take matters into my own hands and plant some inexpensive but quite pretty marigolds in pots as kind of an experiment. I'm not sure how hot it gets out there during the day, but I have burned my foot on more than one occasion on the metal door jam. So I'm pretty sure its pretty toasty in the afternoons. But I hope my efforts will not be in vain. My neighbor did say that he liked the flowers so at least they won't try to sabotage the experiment. Now if I can just remember to water them....

1 comment:

Carrie said...

prreetty... I do love flowers.